Where and when:
Geneva, September 18th 2018 from 8:00 to approx. 12:00 (in English)
This seminar will be presented by:
- Camillo Sicherle, Sicherle law firm, São Paulo
Mr. Sicherle is a Bachelor in Law by the University of São Paulo Law School (1989), a Bachelor in Economics by the São Paulo Catholic University (1990) and an LLM from Cornell Law School in the USA (1992). He is a registered member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), the Economists Regional Council (CORECON), a member and accredited TEP by STEP. Sicherle Advogados, of which Mr. Sicherle is founding partner, was formed in 2000, is a member of Planejar (the Brazilian CFP Association) and CESA (the OAB Center of Studies for Law Societies) and is dedicated to the assistance of domestic and foreign private clients in corporate, contractual, banking, professional asset management, and estate planning matters.
Event venue in Geneva:
Centre de Conférence de Varembé (room Nyon)
Rue de Varembé 9-11
8:00 – 8:15 – Welcome and coffee
8:15 – 9:45 – Cross-border Activities (out of Switzerland):
- Introduction: Brazilian general banking regulation and legal environment for private banking activities
- Criterion of attraction
- Foreign exchange controls
- Prospecting phase
- Proposing new services to exiting clients
- Provision of services
- Case Study: Brazilian offshore investments in the Brazilian Market. We will cover the typical hot topics for Brazilian clients:
- Can they invest in Brazilian securities from an offshore account?
- Can they invest in ADR/GDR issued outside Brazil but replicating Brazilian securities?
- Can they purchase CIS investing in Brazil?
- Can they own foreign accounts through offshore companies?
- If yes, under which conditions?
- What are the consequences in terms of access to the Brazilian market?
- Is that allowed in application of Brazilian tax rules? Is there a look-through approach?
9:45 – 10:00 – Coffee break
10:00 – 11:45 – Private Banking Opportunities:
- Drivers for Investing Abroad
- Yield Factors
- Additional Restraining Factors
- How to Tap this Potential
- The Independent Investment Advisory Landscape
- Partnering with Local Investment Advisers
- Scope of activities permitted to Local Investment Advisors
- General Conduct Rules
- Practical examples of Cross-border Joint Activities and Services
11:45 – 12:00 – Concluding discussion
Number of participants and fees:
- The number of participants is limited to 30.
- The registration fee is CHF 350.- per person.
One-to-one meetings with the Lawyer:
One-to-one meetings with Camillo Sicherle can be booked to take place on the following dates:
Geneva, September 18th 2018 (afternoon) and September 19th 2018 (morning).
If you are interested in booking a meeting, please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via telephone (022 819 10 30). The fee for the one-to one meeting is CHF 300.- Time slots will be booked on a first come, first served basis.